Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Ever since my kpop craze began 2 years ago, I have been wanting to go back to Korea again! (My first trip was in Dec 2008, which I might blog about if I can still remember what happened!) Thankfully there was an Airasia sale in May 2011, and then I started the 1 year wait for my holidays! 

Unfortunately a small episode happened before my holidays happened - my flight from SG - KL was cancelled, which meant I might have missed my connecting flight to Incheon! Luckily I was able to get tickets for an earlier flight out from SG. The 3 hours transit at KLIA was accompanied by free wireless and "Catch Me If You Can" (the movie), which I wanted to watch before I catch the musical in Seoul! 


We had pre-booked meals on all sectors of our flights, and the food was not bad! 
Roasted Chicken
Chicken Bulgogi

And so, I reached Changi Airport at 8am (SG time), and finally reached Incheon International Airport at 10pm (KOR time)! It's a long time (13 hours total!), but for $400, I guess I can't complain too much.

As I was flying to Jeju the next morning, I didn't want to travel all the way to Seoul. I chose Incheon Airport Guest House, which seems to have pretty good reviews, at KRW 50,000 a night! As there were no rooms available on hostelworld, I left a message on the guest house's website. I received a reply very promptly, and was asked to provide my credit card details for reservation. 

The credit card information was held only to charge the penalty, so you can pay either in cash or any other credit card when you check-in.
The cancellation/refund policy is as below:
- by 3 Days Earlier : 100% Refund
- by 2 Days Earlier : 70% Refund
- by 1 Day Earlier : 50% Refund
- on the day : None

The guest house provides free pick-up to and from the airport. Just give them a call when you reach and they'll be there in 10 minutes. 

Pick-up point: Exit from gate 8 on the 3rd floor (departure), and cross the traffic lights.  

The guest house is 5 minutes from the airport! You can literally see the airport from your room! It's that near!! 

The guest house really looks like a hotel / dormitory from the outside.

There's a 24h minimart on the first floor, and restaurants and a pub opening till late hours. The surroundings are relatively quiet at night, except for the eating places.

What really surprised me was the amenities in the room! As the double room was not available, I had reserved a twin room. I was really surprised to see 2 queen size beds! The room comes with ensuite toilet and shower, fridge, air-conditioning, tv, air dryer, closet, and a kitchenette! Not that I wanted to do any cooking at 12 midnight, but it was a well-equipped room for that price! Spacious too!! 

Random - And being a huge k-drama fan, I was really happy to see English subtitles for Love Rain that was showing on TV! ㅋㅋㅋ

For the pick-up service back to the airport, just let the reception know the timing you want (if I recall correctly, the frequency is about 1 hour, starting about 6am), and wait for the driver at the basement lift lobby (next to the carpark). Just hand over your keys to the driver, and that's it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib