Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

떡볶이 (Tteokbokki, Ddukbokki, Dukbokki) or spicy rice cake, is a popular Korean dish you can find in roadside stalls as well as in restaurants.

My first impression of ddukbokki is that it's sold just outside school premises and is a popular and cheap dish for students!
I happened to stumble upon this ddukbokki chain called Crazy Dduk, and it's addictive!
Website: http://www.crazydduk.com/
Crazy Dduk has a few branches, so far I've only tried the one at Hongdae and Myeongdong. There's english menu available, so just ask for it! (View map here for Hongdae branch http://www.crazydduk.com/board/read.php?db=store&n=23&p=2&l=5)

Address: 서울 마포구 서교동 345-14호 2층
Tel No: 02-337-2919
Opening hours: 11am - 11pm
Approx. price / pax: 5,000 to 10,000krw depending on the number of add-ons
Waiting area
There's a few selections for the type of base - jjajang, cheese, curry, original chilli base, etc. For some of the items, you can order extra rice for fried rice at the end of the meal. Do leave some sauce if you intend to have fried rice!
Fried rice at the end of the meal
I've tried the -1 and 0 (normal) spicy levels, and the conclusion is I'll stick to -1. I'm not a regular chilli eater, so 0 for me is very spicy! But, my chilli-loving friends found 0 very spicy too!

Jjajang version (炸醬) - Non-spicy ddeokbokki. I still prefer the normal spicy version though.

I especially love the shorter ddeok with cheese!
You can order add-ons to your dish, such as dumplings (mandu) and ramen, if you feel that it's not enough. My experience was that a small pot is sufficient for 3 pax.

Butter fries

Ahhh I miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib