Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Ssamziegil 쌈지길
Address: Seoul-si Jongno-gu Gwanhun-dong 38 서울특별시 종로구 관훈동 38
首尔中区宽勋洞38
Tel: 02-736-0088

Ssamziegil is a building in Insadong with rows of shops selling handmade crafts and artwork along the spiral walkways. I simply love the shops because I do handmade accessories myself, and I love looking at knick-knacks.


Starting from the rooftop of the building, there's an outdoor area where lovers can hang their love messages to each other.

You can buy the tags there and write your personalised messages. There's also a cafe on the rooftop.

Graffiti art along the staircases
And, introducing my favourite shop in Ssamziegil. It's probably one of the first few shops you see as you go up to level 2. This shop sells handmade bags and pouches with lovely fabrics! Most of the bags are reversible, so you get 2 pretty fabric designs at the price of one! Great for souvenirs if you want to buy something useful and pretty. I can't remember how many items I bought from this shop the few times I went there. :)
Love the Eiffel tower print!!
Just opposite the bag shop, there's a shop selling musical boxes! There's a wide range of designs to choose from (base, winder piece and music). You can mix and match what you like, and the shop staff can help you assemble the piece in about 20 mins. I especially loved the music from my favourite korean dramas such as Dream High, Secret Garden, The Moon that embraces the Sun, and more! I think I took nearly an hour to choose the music (:
At the basement of the building, there are a few workshops where you can make your own craftwork such as traditional hanji (paper) crafts, jewellery, wood crafts, bottle crafts, etc. Prices include the material fee and guidance from the teachers. Unfortunately I only found out about the workshops the last time I was at Ssamziegil, and I didn't have enough time to spare.

Another one of those regrets in Korea, because I really love art & craft. I promise I'll be there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib