Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

This is probably the most memorable experience I had in Korea! Getting into a live music show to see my idols! But, this is only for the tough & determined fans, as the hardship makes it a once-in-a-lifetime (only) experience. I don't think I'll ever do this again! Curious how to get into a music show to see your favourite kpop idols?  

I'm not embarrased to say that one of the things I wanted to do while in Korea was to see my favourite kpop idols. Of course, I'm in the land of kpop mania, why not, and if not, when else? 

There's several music shows in Korea - M! Countdown (mnet), Music Bank (KBS), Show! Music Core (MBC), Inkigayo (SBS), Show Champion (MBC Music), and more!

I was lucky enough to get into M! Countdown and Show Champion once each! (Note: I've only tried going into 3 shows so far. Wasn't able to get into Music Bank because I didn't have a ticket, according to a fan I asked.)

The way to get into the music show seems strange, but it is in fact a very established process. All arranged by the fans! No kidding! Some of the fans seem to go so often that the security guards know them quite well. (I know it from the casual way they speak to each other.)

In general, during the day of the show (or day(s) before the show), the first fan who reaches the music station will put up a post somewhere near the building to indicate which queue it is for (i.e. which idol group, hosts, for first XX fans). There will be information on the contact number and the time for first roll call. According to my friend, the queues usually start on the day of the show, but because it was comeback stage for Shinhwa's This Love and 2pm's All Day I Think of You on M! Countdown that day, the queue started 1 day earlier!

Others who performed included B1A4 / Seo In Young / 4minute / Secret / Yoo Seung Woo / 9Muses / LOCO / HELLOVENUS / Wonder Boyz / HISTORY / LC9 / 1N1. 
What you need to do is to take a selca with the sign, and send it to the person together with your name and telephone number. Once it's done, the first fan will reply with you with your queue number. That is your queue number provided you turn up for the roll call(s).

Series of events for the M! Countdown queuing (which may not be the same for all shows / fanclubs)
  • 15 May 3pm - Reached CJ E&M Centre and sent the details required to first fan
  • 15 May 9pm - First roll call (During the roll call, they will inform you of the next roll call(s). My queue was for the first 30-50 fans for the live show, there are also queues for the respective fanclubs and also for the hosts. The general queue usually allows fewer fans to enter, but you may be the first to enter. However for the respective fanclubs, they usually require you to prove that you are a fan, e.g. ticket to latest concert, official fanclub member, latest album.)
  • 16 May 5am - Second roll call
  • 16 May 7am - Third roll call
  • 16 May 9am - First official roll call by the music station's staff member, where your name will be placed officially on the list. That day, we waited past 10am before the staff came to take down our names.
  • 16 May 5pm - Queue to enter music station
  • 16 May 6pm - M! Countdown live show!

In order to get some sleep, we went home after the 9pm roll call, and took a cab down at 3.30am for the next roll call. After which we waited there till we were on the official list, then we went back for more sleep. And I can't believe I almost missed the timing for the 5pm roll call because it takes more than 1h to reach there (1 bus + 2 train transfers). I would have been so mad with myself if I really missed it.  
Also, there's a difference between pre-recordings and live shows. Firstly you have to find out whether your idols are doing pre-recording or live. If they are doing pre-recording (usually the night before the actual show or a few hours before the show), you will only be able to see their recording and no other groups. However, sometimes they may record a few times before it's perfect so you get to see them more, and because it's pre-recording, the chance that they can interact with you is higher!

For live show, you get to see all the groups performing that day. Some groups may still perform during the live timing even though the pre-recording videos are being shown on TV. It's quite obvious as you can see them goofing around, like my Shinhwa oppas. 
Waiting is a tiring thing to do. Some essentials include food & drinks, a mat to sit on, warm clothes (if it's anything but summer). Kimbap makes a good meal! 
In queue to enter the music station. We were within the lucky 30 fans to get into the show. Initially we thought 50 fans could go in, but only 30 names were recorded by the staff member. 
There are more than 10 different queues of people waiting to get in. I heard that sometimes they flip a coin to decide which fanclub has priority to enter. It all depends on luck! 
4 minute


4 minute won that day, which is why I was able to take some photos of them during the encore performance. 

Definitely worth trying once for the experience, especially when the stage is so close! But too old to do this again! Haha!
Coincidentally, Shinhwa was filming TVN Taxi that day at the open studio! It was sheer luck that I saw this because I went the wrong direction, and so I decided to join in the crowd of fangirls! Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera because cameras were not allowed in the music show.
3.5 of my favourites Andy, Eric, Dongwan and, Junjin blocked by the pillar!

When Shinhwa were leaving the studio for the taxi, the security allowed us to form a queue to greet them because we were very cooperative during the filming. Not all fangirls are crazy k? This is probably the closest I'll ever get to any idols, and something I'll remember for the rest of my life! Can't help being starstruck when you're a few metres from the charming oppas! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib