Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Pan Fried Tteokbokki at Tongin Market (통인시장)
Address: 3, Pirundae-ro 6-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 필운대로6길 3 (통인동)
How to get there: From Gyeongbokgung Station (Seoul Subway Line 3) take exit 2 and contniue straight for about 700m. The market will be on your left.
One of my regrets from my 6 month stay in 2013 was that I didn't explore much of the traditional markets in Korea, therefore missing out on the delicious Korean food! Tongin Market has a special dosirak cafe concept, where you can purchase the traditional coins for buying side dishes from the participating stores to make your own lunch box. I wanted to try the tteokbokki (떡볶이) I saw on Running Man though. It was so delicious I went back again 2 days later for my second round!
Tongin Market
Wonjo Halmeoni Tteokbokki 원조할머니 떡볶이
Other types of fried street snacks you can order
Korean pancakes
Unlike the tteokbokki in spicy red pepper sauce with fish cakes that you may be familiar with, this tteokbokki is pan-fried. You can choose from the non-spicy gireum (oil) tteokbokki or the spicy version. Each portion is 3,000krw. They don't do half portions though so get 2 portions if you want to try both! Personally I preferred the spicy version. The non-spicy version is a bit bland, but suitable for kids and those who can't take spicy food at all. It's also good to alternate between the 2 types as the spicy version is really quite spicy.
I also tried the sweet rice drink (Shikhye 식혜) with some kind of bean powder in it for 1,500krw. Interesting taste I must say.
The only regret at Tongin was that I couldn't try more food because I was alone. Definitely go with friends to try a variety of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib