Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Insadong (인사동) has always been one of my favourite places in Seoul, and though touristy it may be, I love the place for its shopping, culture and food! It's probably my most visited place in Korea (other than Myeongdong). 
How to get there: Anguk station (subway line 3), exit 6
Wall art at Exit 6

Insa-maru (인사마루) Coffee & Tea
Instead of going to the previous cafe I went to for my bean powder patbingsoo (injeolmi bingsoo), I tried a new cafe this time round.

Prices are about the same, but I still prefer the previous cafe I tried at Insadong Chatjip. The waiter took my order of injeolmi (9,000krw), and came with milk bingsoo.

He insisted that I ordered milk bingsoo, but changed it for me in the end. I was quite disappointed when the order came again with just bean powder smacked on top of the previous order.
Injeolmi Bingsoo, with jujubes from the previous order at the bottom
Love the wooden interior of the cafe, and choose a window seat and you may people watch a little from the higher floors.
Korean traditional folkcraft and souvenirs are aplenty along the main street (Insadong-gil). Prices are about the same so I usually just buy from any shop.
The current craze in 2014 - cane ice-cream. I always wonder if they use the canes that have been hanging there for the longest time.
There are many shops selling souvenirs such as brushes, fans, ceramic ware, jewellery, Korean embroidery, and even a shop where you can take photos wearing a traditional Hanbok! I took my photo when I was at MBC Dramia, if not I might have taken it at Insadong. Well well, never a dull day at Insadong I would say.

For my other posts on Insadong, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib