Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Newcastle New South Wales, Australia
I had the chance to visit Newcastle during my secondment to the Brisbane office in 2011 and well, I never got to blog about it because I was too busy! Now I'm trying to backtrack as much as I can remember! 

I was in Newcastle on Queen's Birthday in June, and unfortunately public holidays in Australia meant that most shops are closed for the day! The city area was really quiet and I was probably the only person outdoors.

Quest Newcastle Serviced Apartments
I stayed at Quest Apartments - a 3-bedroom apartment for myself since they didn't have other availability. I can't vouch for the quality now but the apartment is huge! The attractions along the ocean is pretty much walkable from the apartment too!
Address: 575 Hunter St, Newcastle West NSW 2302, Australia
Phone: +61 2 4928 8000
Of course I chose the huge room with attached bathroom and a walk-in closet which I didn't make full use of.
Queens Wharf
Ice cream truck along Wharf Road
Nobbys Beach and Nobbys Lighthouse
The weather was quite eccentric that day, but winds were constantly strong!
Nobbys Lighthouse
Path beyond the lighthouse - Beware of the waves from either sides!
Newcastle Ocean Baths
The Newcastle Ocean Baths, opened in 1922, have been a popular swimming spot. It's currently closed for renovation till the end of 2014. 
Address: Shortland Esplanade, Newcastle East New South Wales 2300, Australia
Phone: +61 2 4974 2000
I can see why it was a popular destination! Great views of the seas and oceans while you enjoy the refreshing water!
Next to the Newcastle Ocean Baths is a great photo spot!

Bogey Hole 
The Bogey Hole was constructed by order of Commandant Morisset in about 1820 for his own personal use. Morisset was Commandant of Newcastle from 1819 to 1822. It was known, originally as the "Commandants Baths". The name "Bogey Hole" was applied afterwards and comes from the indigenous word meaning "to bathe". (extracted from visitnsw.com)
It was winter when I was there, so the pool was empty! Walk down the stairs at your own risk, because of the crashing waves!


For a map view of the locations, take a look at my map below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib