Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Queen Victoria Market
I love visiting markets in different countries because of its vibrancy. It also lets you have a chance to peek at the lifestyles of locals, especially what they eat and drink. I mean, that's the point of travelling right? To understand the cultures of people around the world!

Address: Corner of Victoria St and Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Hours:
Sunday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday Closed
Tuesday 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
Wednesday Closed
Thursday 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
Friday 6:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday 6:00 am – 3:00 pm

Wool socks for sale during winter
Cocktails and liqueurs in shots!
Unlike the narrow lanes between shops that you normally see in Asian markets, the lanes in Queen Victoria Market are wide! Very comfortable to walk through while browsing slowly.
One of the things I miss about Australia is the fresh produce! I love how they stack all the deliciously looking fruits and vegetables in vast quantities. Unfortunately there's no such huge market in Brisbane, so I usually bought my grocery from Woolworths near my apartment.
Exterior of the market
Another section in the market, where you find meats and seafood
They sell so many types of sausages, including kangaroo! *Gasps* 
Bill's Farm
Koko Black in Queen Victoria Market!
Bakery
McIver's Coffee & Tea
Melbourne Bratwurst Shop
The shop was so crowded, so we decided to buy something too!
Loved the generous amount of sauerkraut
I've never seen tea tree before this!
And pretty blue orchids

It was a fun experience visiting Queen Victoria Market. I do wonder how much it has changed since I last visited in 2011! Hopefully I'll get the chance to visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib