Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Seafood Don on ANA flight from Narita Airport to Singapore Changi Airport

This is my first time on ANA, and with a toddler in tow. Other than the food which was good, I may have doubts taking ANA again to Japan if I have my kid with me. I probably will stick to our national carrier :D

No bassinet seats or aisle seats for online reservation
The online booking did not allow me to reserve a front row seat or aisle seat even though I paid extra for an infant. The flight from Singapore to Narita was not full though, so we were changed to the bassinet seats. For the return flight, I ended up with a window seat with no bassinet (or any extra leg space for the little one to roam around) because the flight was full and I couldn't change seats at the airport. This together with the fact that we were stuck on the runway for an hour before the captain announced that there's problems with the brakes and we had to deplane = more than 9 hours with a toddler on my lap. I didn't eat much of my meal too because there's just no space to navigate.

No infant seatbelt
I was told to hug my toddler as there's no infant seatbelt. (!!!!!)

Baby meal not served
For our return flight, the baby meal was not served and the crew didn't check if we wanted it at all. I'm guessing it may be very late already (our flight was delayed from 5pm to 8.50pm, and we only reached Singapore at 3am!!) plus my toddler was sleeping, but I think they should have checked if we wanted it anyway. Infants also do not get meal vouchers if there's a flight delay (the crew mentioned that the voucher is tagged to the main passenger only). 

Luggages had to be claimed and checked in at Narita Airport
I'm not sure whether this is a practice for all airlines, but I found it troublesome. Usually if there is a stopover, the luggages are sent all the way to our final destination. For our flight to Hokkaido, we had to claim the luggages at Narita Airport before checking them in again. We didn't have to do that for the return leg though.

One meal for a 7 + 2 hours flight
Our flight was 6am (sg time) to 2pm (japan time) (7 hours), then 5.50pm to 7.45pm (japan time) (2 hours). But only breakfast was served. I don't remember being hungry on other airlines. Haha!!

The only meal for our flight from Singapore to Hokkaido (2 legs of the flight). Small burger was given in between. 
Baby Meal
Chicken porridge for baby
Extra legroom for bassinet seat
Little V enjoying her cartoon
Sandwich for baby
Tuna and Cheese sandwich

Free rental of baby stroller at Narita airport since we had to check in the stroller as we needed to take a bus to board the plane (no direct connection from the terminal).
Oh i found this very cool feature! You can adjust the tint of the windows! 

Nursery at Narita Airport (very basic, with only hot water dispenser)

Nippon Rent-A-Car 
We rented a 7 seater from Nippon Rent-A-Car for our roadtrip from Sapporo to Furano, Biei, Lake Toya, Lake Shikotsu, Noboribetsu and back to Chitose.

Online reservation was simple and we didn't need to pay a deposit for the reservation. I made a fatal mistake of forgetting about our passports and international driving licenses when we left our accommodation (again!! I did this in Korea and didn't learn my lesson :( ). We had wanted to drive back to our accommodation to pick up the luggages. Thankfully our parents were still at the accommodation so they took a cab over. 

The entire process at the rental branch took almost an hour (processing, payment, explanation, waiting for car to be ready, checking the car) so do factor in more time for that. The process was a breeze in Korea so I had expected the same. 

The staff asked about our itinerary and estimated the toll charges for us. She advised that it was better to use the ETC and calculate the toll charges at the end of our rental instead of getting a 6-day pass. In the end we had to pay about $15~20 SGD more as there were some tolls not factored in during her computation. 
We returned the car at the Chitose branch. There's a shuttle bus to New Chitose Airport every 7 mins. Very convenient! 

All in all we were happy with the rental!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib