Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

There is so much good food in Ipoh, it's impossible to try all of them in just one or two days! I'm glad that we stayed for a few days, but still, I think we will be back again to try the rest of the food! Here are the places we went to. 

Sun Marpoh Restaurant 孖宝海鲜饭店
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/mDBSKwW5Cfy
Family amenities: High chairs
It was a last minute decision to have dinner outside the theme park area. I had planned to have dinner at the theme park, but after stopping for a tea break at the "Ipoh Street" for muah chee and soyabean, I decided dinner needs to be elsewhere if not I would waste my calories.

This was a great choice! The sliced fish dish was soooooo good, like what the others have raved about. According to our local friend, this is one of the famous restaurants in Ipoh frequented by locals. The price of the food was reasonable too, about RM54 for 3 dishes (fish, chicken and bittergourd). 

Restoran Hong Kong Dim Sum BFB 八分半点心
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/rXQqfAeaC142
Family amenities: High chairs
We skipped the breakfast at Lost World Hotel for this, and we didn't regret! We were ushered in by a friendly staff, and were quickly swarmed by several aunties holding different trays of dim sum. We were spoilt for choice but as usual, we didn't over order! I liked that the aunties were very friendly and not pushy when we said we will eat first and order more if we still need. They also made sure to show us the recommended dishes in the restaurant for our consideration.   
A post shared by Xing Juan (@travellerelf) on 


Café Sin Fonzie 芳子
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/fah1BCxGjgS2
Family amenities: High chairs
I have been missing the Loh Shu Fun (老鼠粉) a.k.a Bee Tai Bak, Mi Tai Mu (米苔目) in KL, so when I saw that this is one of the dishes to try in Ipoh, I bookmarked the place immediately. I still prefer the one in KL, but this is not bad too. The fishball soup is worth trying too!
Pasar Malam Taman Ipoh Timur (Open on Tuesdays)
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/xRux1CnL9xn
We saved some space in our stomachs for food from the pasar malam! Good choice indeed as the food was really yummy! The popiah is definitely my favourite. I had soyabean with brown sugar while Mr and Miss Ting had it with ginger. I preferred brown sugar definitely. For the apong, it was quite plain in my opinion. I preferred Apong Guan in Penang which was thicker and with corn in it. I guess it's a different type of apong. We also had cheese gyoza and that was good too! There were many other food stalls to choose from, unfortunately we didn't save enough stomach space. I really wanted to try the smelly tofu but Miss Ting found it too smelly even though we were a distance away. 

Durians

We bought some cherries from the fruits stall. It was only after we came back that I found out that pomelo is a must buy from Ipoh!  

Nam Heong White Coffee
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/hZYx5rWMiJx
Our friend brought us for breakfast at Nam Heong White Coffee. It was really crowded even though it was a weekday morning. We managed to get a table after waiting for a while. I'm a bread and milo breakfast person, but the food was so good I finished most of the char kway teow!

Kopitiam Zero One Two
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/x1XX76zDvTq
First time trying Ipoh fish soup and it was really delicious! It's a bit like tomyam fish soup. The fried fish was yummy yummy!
Pork ribs wanton noodles - something new to me. Average in my opinion. I will go back there for the fish soup though!

Maiale Japanese Italian Restaurant
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/Fjo9E5JYkWr
Family amenities: High chairs
We made a reservation for my birthday celebration since the reviews seem good. It was a quiet weekday - only two tables of customers. The starters were interesting, but the rest of the dishes were just average. We ordered desserts and they served one of them with Happy Birthday on it. On hindsight, we should have just eaten at one of the local Chinese restaurants.



Restoran Two Six(26 茶室)
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/W3gkGXFEqar
This is a highly recommended place to go for breakfast if you love traditional toast! I loved the toast with sugar and the tasty hor fun noodle soup! This place is near Concubine Lane and just opposite Han Chin Pet Soo so visit all the places together!


Big Tree Foot Yong Tau Foo 大树脚(兵如港口)
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/NYUFrhGpqJ62
Family amenities: High chairs
The original Big Tree Foot Yong Tau Foo next door was not opened, so we had lunch here. The food was cheap and yummy, but our friend said the original one is even better! It was quite interesting to me as the customers in front of me were choosing HUGE BOWLS of yong tau foo. The typical yong tau foo we eat in Singapore contains about 6 to 8 pieces of ingredients. Here, the typical bowl contains about 40 to 50 pieces! No joke man. I was wondering if I ordered too little (11 pieces for sharing) when I saw the customer in front of me with 10 fishballs together with at least 20-30 other ingredients. 

How to buy: Take a huge bowl and you can choose your yong tau foo ingredients first, queue up and then the uncle / auntie in front will count the number of ingredients that you chose. After they finish counting, order the noodles you want to go with the ingredients (plain soup, laksa, curry (highly recommended)). Let them know your table number and they will serve you. Pay when they serve your food.

Ayam Garam Aun Kheng Lim (Aun Kheng Lim Salted Chicken 宴琼林盐焗鸡)
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/4KS61T4baZJ2
This is not for eating in, but for take-away. I wanted to skip this since I was too full after lunch, but it was too good to resist after tasting one bite. Even Miss Ting enjoyed it (she doesn't like chicken).

Funny Mountain Soya Bean 奇峰豆腐花
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/2tdt6KGiMcS2
This was the first time I had soyabean in a car! So our friend told us that if you drive there, someone will take your order and you can just eat in the car and return the bowls when you are done. So basically you skip the long queue and you can enjoy eating in the comforts of your car. We had soyabean from the pasar malam as well, but this was definitely much smoother! 

KamWan Restaurant 冬菇亭美食中心 
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/oWkMjpWaGZ92
Family amenities: High chairs
Another place introduced by our friend! Apparently this food court has been there for a long time (since their schooling days), and has lots of good food! I really liked the cuttlefish and popiah with black sesame skin!   

Kedai Biskut Sin Eng Heong 新榮香淡汶餅店
Address: https://goo.gl/maps/FfBXPmPNrGR2
We passed by another famous kaya puff shop a few times. but since there's always a queue, I wasn't very keen to wait. Our friend introduced this shop and Mr Ting bought a box of it to try. Wah! It was very nice even after a few days! It makes a good food souvenir! 

Check out my other post on where to visit in Ipoh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib