Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]



Fans of Heartstrings 넌 내게 반했어 (a.k.a You've Fallen For Me) by Jung Yong Hwa of C.N. Blue and Park Shin Hye, and Personal Taste 개인의 취향 by Lee Min-Ho and Son Ye-Jin will not be unfamiliar with the filming locations of the Korean dramas in Bukchon Hanok Village!

Bukchon Hanok Village (북촌한옥마을/北村韩屋村) is home to hundreds of traditional houses called 'hanok' that date back to the Joseon Dynasty. Many of these traditional houses are currently used as cultural centres, teahouses and restaurants.


How to get there:
* Exit #2, Anguk Station (안국역/安國驛), Subway Line 3, walk for 5 minutes.
from http://english.visitkorea.or.kr

For walking routes, go to http://bukchon.seoul.go.kr/eng/road/road01.jsp




Another nearby place of interest is samcheongdong (三清洞/삼청동). Cafes, art galleries, shops and restaurants can be found along the main road of samcheongdong. 

How to get there:
* 570m from Exit #1, Anguk Station, Subway Line 3 toward Jeongdok Library (10 minutes)

* 1km from Exit #5, Gyeongbokgung Station (Subway Line 3) and toward Gyeongbokgung Intersection (20 minutes)



I was there for lunch with my host family at samcheong kalguksu (literally "knife noodles"). There's 2 similar restaurants just opposite of each other, and I went to the one with no queue. Apparently the other one opposite is the authentic one, but my host family finds both very similar. 




Noodles with abalone and seaweed - the noodles were really chewy, and I love the seaweed + seafood soup. Though the abalone is not as fresh as the one I had in Jeju, it was not bad! I think I finished most of the soup!

The weather was nice that day, though a bit chilly for me! There's a handful of interesting shops selling accessories, shoes, bags, souvenirs and knick-knacks! Which reminds me, I saw a bag that I really liked that day! 

Hanok Cafe
서울서둘째로잘하는집 (The Second Best Place in Seoul)
Address: 서울특별시 종로구 삼청동 28-21 (Tel: 02-734-5302)
28-21 Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
I visited Samcheongdong on a separate occasion, and visited one of the restaurants (맛집) selling traditional desserts!
The restaurant is very small, with about 7-9 tables.
 Menu - The place is famous for its sweet red bean dessert (단팥죽) 6,000krw
One serving looks very small (about the size of a rice bowl), but it is very filling! Each bowl contains a huge mochi (rice cake ball). The dessert is very tasty with the chestnuts and gingko nuts, and I like that it is not too sweet!
Graffiti art along the streets
Shops along samcheongdong main road

三清洞面片汤 (삼청동 수제비)
Address: 서울특별시 종로구 삼청동 102 (Tel: 02-735-2965)
首尔特别市钟路区三清洞 102
 Another recommended restaurant (맛집)! Even the utensils holder looks retro!
I ordered the noodles soup (수제비/面片汤) for 7,000krw. It comes with a huge portion of handmade noodles and very fresh seafood! The soup base is slightly pepperish but mild and tasty! Most customers I saw were sharing a pot of the noodles and pancakes. Unfortunately I was alone again, and only had stomach space for noodles, especially after the bowl of red bean dessert!

Samcheongdong is a great place for strolling and cafe hopping, and with the restaurants around the area, you will never go hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib