Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Ahhh.. This post was to be published before I started school, but I guess I was too swarmed with all the homework and after school activities! Starting afresh.. that was when I thought I was going to start again from level one at SNU LEI. I came to Korea 2 weeks before the placement test as I wanted to prepare for the test (and also because there's the Poseidon concert with SJ KRY and TVXQ).

We went to the school one day earlier to recee the place, and it happened to be the graduation ceremony for the students! It was interesting with the roadside stores selling flowers and food that I've only seen in dramas!

The symbolic arch at the main gate of Seoul National University

So the placement test consists of 2 portions, the writing and the interview. Basically you fill in the blanks or answer the open-ended questions until you don't understand anymore. There's about 80 questions and you are given about 1h, and I only managed to answer the first 20 or so. Once you are done you can leave the exam hall and go for your interview early.

In the interview room, the teacher will check your answers and ask you some questions from a list of pre-defined questions. Based on the markings on the paper, I think I only answered a handful of questions correctly -.- Since it was my first ever conversation with any native speaker, I was so nervous and lost for words. I only remember saying "level 2 가고 싶어요" which means I want to go to level 2, and the teacher saying that my foundation is weak and it's going to be difficult. And so I thought I'm definitely going to level 1!

However on the first day of school, I was assigned to level 2! I had thoughts to start from level 1 to build my foundation, but was worried that I'll be too bored. The decision to stay in level 2 was correct. It was challenging but interesting! Plus I had already learnt some of the grammar from ttmik. The only drawback is that I don't know as much vocabulary as my classmates. Oh well, I'm still surviving and I love the fact that I'm learning so much! And I'm amazed by how much I've learnt! (:
From the main gate, you turn left at the junction and walk upslope for about 10minutes, and you'll see the LEI builidng (block 137) on the left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib