Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

It was an eventful Day 3! We travelled to the Golden Pavilion temple via bus, where Baby V vomited all over herself and me on the bus (and I didn't bring extra clothes for either of us), I had a bad stomachache while we were at the temple (because I finished a huge packet of Hokkaido milk after not consuming fresh milk for a while - I'm  slightly lactose intolerant), I had to walk to pick up our luggages from about 1km away from Kyoto station, and there was no lifts at the subway station exit where our Osaka airbnb was! I guess our dinner made up for the series of events in the day :)


On the way to Kinkakuji

Kinkakuji (金閣寺)
Address: 1 Kinkakujicho, Kita Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 603-8361, Japan

Behind the tranquility in the photo, there is a huge crowd of tourists there to admire the beauty of the temple. Someone posted photos of the "expectation" and "reality" of tourist attractions online, and I decided to do the same. We managed to take a few decent photos before being pushed away by eager tourists, one of whom was using an ipad pro to take photos! 

Other than the golden pavilion temple you see in the photo above, there's not much to do or see there. You can take a short break near the exit for some snacks or souvenir shopping, but that's about it. 

The entrance ticket is interesting though!

So back we went to Kyoto station in a taxi (2,680 yen / S$33) because of my tummy ache, where we had lunch at the basement food section of Isetan and did some light shopping. There's quite a lot of shopping that can be done at Kyoto station, and we didn't have much time for it. Lots of souvenirs to buy there! 
Beef curry rice - The chicken cutlet pieces were courtesy of my mum or husband. The Japanese are very precise with their measurement of the rice and the number of cubes of beef for each portion. The curry looks hardened because I had to bring baby V to find a nursing room after we ordered. 


Food section in Isetan Kyoto Station. Lots of preserved vegetables which we saw throughout our stay in Kyoto.

On our train ride to Osaka, I spotted Suntory Yamazaki Distillery! 

Nearing Osaka

Our airbnb was one stop away from Osaka station, and although it was only one stop, the walk from one subway line to the other subway line was confusing and far enough! Our host met us at the retro looking station, and announced to us that there's no lifts! Thankfully he helped me to carry my luggages :D
The quiet neighbourhood

Lots of small cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood

Matsusakagyu Yakiniku M (松阪牛焼肉M)Address: 1-1-19 Nanba, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 542-0076, Japan
Phone: +81 6-6211-2917

Our first dinner in Osaka was at Matsusakagyu Yakiniku M at Dotonburi! We wanted to travel to Kobe for Kobe beef, but I read that this was better than Kobe beef, so we decided to give it a try in Osaka instead of travelling just for food! Priorities do change when you have a baby. Haha!
We didn't make a reservation and luckily there was a table available up to 9.30pm. The restaurant is very narrow, this is probably about the widest area you can see in the second floor of the restaurant. No baby chairs available so we had to carry Baby V in our laps.

The very steep stairs up to the second floor. 

The beef was really good! Just look at the marbling. It's self service for the cooking so the quality depends greatly on the chef in your group of travellers. Thankfully Mr Ting did the beef perfectly! :) I'll recommend the garlic rice as well (top left) as it's so fragrant!

Shinsaibashi at night

The famous Glico man! Back in 2007 when I was there, my photos with the Glico man were very badly taken. Thank goodness for improvement in camera technology and my selfie skills :D



Some things in Dotonburi never changed! And so many food choices! I guess I have to be back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib