Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Okichan Dolphin Theatre
We stayed in Motobu for 2 nights to explore Motobu and Nago. The resort we stayed at was a bit quiet but it's near to the attractions we wanted to visit.

Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resorts Okinawa
Address: 1456 Azayamakawa,Motobu-cho,Kunigami-gun Okinawa Main island Japan 905-0205
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/hHaAawnhuop
Map Code: 553 046 422*63

We were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room when we checked in (apparently it's a common practice), and we decided to, because I knew how small the room I booked will be. A small toddler can take up a queen size bed by herself, so having 2 queen size beds sounded like a really fantastic idea. We were given the highest floor, and a "discount" on the room, which I found out why the next morning. It was raining so heavily that you can hear the thunderstorm through your ceilings, and the front door opens to the forces of nature so we were slightly soaked when trying to run to the lift just a few metres away. Nevertheless, still a good decision because the room was really HUGE, the seaview was good enough for me, and Miss Ting had a blast being splashed by the rain during our escape to the lift :) Oh, and if you like onsen like me, you will like the peaceful onsen on the second floor. It's very basic, but enough for a good soak.


Slightly scary view at night
The breakfast selection was great! Hubby discovered freshly made tofu in an unopened pot and it was really yummy!
Since it was Christmas season soon, the hotel lobby was nicely decorated. 
Sea view on a good day
Hotel pool area
Sunset view
This post is not sponsored in case you are wondering. In fact my entire blog is not sponsored (unfortunately). The hotel wall and sign makes a nice backdrop for Miss Ting to OOTD :)

Papaya Hall ぱぱいや
Address: 973-3 Yamakawa, 字 Motobu-chō, Kunigami-gun, Okinawa-ken 905-0205, Japan 〒905-0205 沖縄県国頭郡本部町字山川973-3
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/c3XBU6Umi5Q2
Map Code: 553 045 764*74
Family Amenities: kids' chair for tatami seats
We were supposed to have lunch at papaya hall, but we decided to stay around the Aquarium area, hence went there for dinner instead. The place was not crowded when we were there, probably just one or two tables of customers. The food was average only, but I like the sea grapes! 


Mr Ting conveniently handed me the Korean menu since there's only one English menu "Na, you can read Korean". I did manage to read the menu items faster than him though :D

Okichan (Dolphin) Theater オキちゃん劇場
Address: Japan, 〒905-0206 Okinawa-ken, Kunigami-gun, Motobu-chō, Ishikawa, 石川 〒905-0206 沖縄県国頭郡本部町石川
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/oRLhqRFCVev
Map Code: 553 075 609*36

One of the highlights of the trip as I really enjoyed the Dolphin show. I think I enjoyed it more than Miss Ting! 😆 Go earlier to grab good seats as it's really packed!


Random lunch from a food truck near the dolphin theatre. Food was expensive and cold but not many choices around that area for a quick bite.

Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium 沖縄美ら海水族館
Address: 424 Ishikawa, Motobu-chō, Kunigami-gun, Okinawa-ken 905-0206, Japan 〒905-0206 沖縄県国頭郡本部町石川424
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/XRMRDySvcbN2
Map Code: 553 075 767*66

I think Miss Ting has fallen in love with sea creatures after the visit to the aquarium. Whenever she asks me for animal stories (ad-hoc stories that I'll create for her), she always choose "fishes"! And when I asked her where she wants to go for our next trip. she said "I want to see fishes". 😅 She was really looking forward to the trip to the aquarium (so was I), and we were not disappointed! We spent a good time there and I really enjoyed looking at the sea creatures. I think I can stare at them the whole day. It's just such a peaceful feeling they give.

Miss Ting was very lucky. First attempt at the gachapon machine and she got a whale!
Mummy and baby shark swimming around together. Maternity instinct to protect the young 😊

It was really hot (and windy) outside. Remember those sunnies to protect your eyes!

For more updates, follow me on instagram!

Map View

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib