Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Chatuchak Weekend Market
I remembered how great shopping at Chatuchak Weekend Market was during my university days with my OBS friends, and decided to give it another visit this time round. My friend used to joke that I can carry so many shopping bags, yet not able to hold up the lion head (Yes I was from Lion Dance in SMU!). Perhaps age has caught up with me too quickly, as unlike the shop-till-i-cannot-hold-another-shopping-bag mentality years ago, I found myself walking leisurely along the market with minimal shopping in hand.

How to get there: 
SkyTrain BTS: Alight at Sapan Khwai Station or Mochit Station 
MRT: Alight at Kamphaenpetch Station
Bus No. 3,826,27,28,29,34,38,39,44,52,59,63,77,90,96,104,408,112,122, 134,136,138,153,159
Air-con Bus No. 2,3,9,18,19,28,34,39,44,134,145,153,510,512,513
Map of Chatuchak Weekend Market
I'm amazed how these cups were stacked! What if I wanted something from the bottom? 
Shop selling owls! If you want you can request for your name to be written on the owl, in English or Thai.
My favourite Section 2 of the market, where you can find the more trendy apparel
Sunnies for the hot Bangkok weather
Garlic bread with additional toppings such as chocolate sauce and jams
20 baht for the original garlic bread
We had lunch at one of the restaurants near Gate 1. Squeezy and hot, but we needed a break for our tired legs.
Menu Board
Pork Steak
Fried fish fillet
There's also a section selling pets, and "No photos" or "XX Baht for 1 photograph" signages have been put up since my last visit. The following photos were from my first visit years ago.

Gone were the glorious days of shopping frenzy. Given the amount of things I've accumulated over the years, I can hardly allow myself to shop like that anymore.
Looking back at my shopping in 2005, I think the items you can buy from Chatuchak is almost the same! For those who want to find cheap bargains, Chatuchak is the place to go. However, given that there's the convenient Platinum mall (with air-con), I'll strongly recommend those who cannot stand heat like me to give Platinum Mall a visit instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib