Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Yippie it's a 30 days countdown so I thought it might be a good time to post this!

We started our wedding planning in September last year, 15 months before our wedding! One of the most important things to me is to find a good photographer, since photos are the only memoirs left after the wedding. After researching online and viewing lots of galleries, we decided on A Little Moment photography! Our photographer Sze Lee is very easy to work with and very accommodating! We also chose The Little Brush's Jovie (Sze Lee's wife) as my makeup artist!


The husband and wife team was so fun to work with, it felt like having a holiday with friends in Bali!

You probably have several questions on where to begin.

1. Bridal studio photographer or freelance photographer
This really depends on your budget. Photographer from the studio is usually much cheaper. For me, I can't deal with the fact of not knowing the style of the photographer until the actual day of the shoot (because you can't choose the photographer, it depends on their availability). I must know that I will like the photos before I decide on the photographer.

Another thing to note - Although bridal studio photography is cheaper, it usually comes with top-ups (e.g. additional $80 for each photo exceeding your package's limit), and you can only keep the soft copies of the photos that you print, or pay for the soft copies at a premium. For freelance photographers, they usually return all soft copies regardless of whether you use them in the album or not.

2. Studio or outdoors, local or overseas
If you are taking your photos in Singapore, we highly recommend studio photos, because it's too hot and humid to take photos outside! You will sweat buckets I promise you! We took a few photos by the balcony at the bridal studio and I could feel the heat already!

If you are a fan of landscapes and natural scenery, I highly recommend doing an overseas outdoor shoot! Initially I was a bit ambitious, wanting to go to the northern side of the world to take photos with Aurora Borealis, until my idea dissipated when my sisters said "It'll look fake, like it's photoshopped." We decided on Bali in the end because there's mountains, lakes, seas and beaches! Oh, and paddy fields!!

3. Photoshoot locations
Assuming you have chosen an outdoor shoot, it's time to do some research on the locations! Best if you can show some sample photos to your photographer. Typically you can cover 3-4 locations in a day, regardless of a local or overseas shoot. For studio shoots, research on the theme that you like. I really like the soft romantic look you find in Korean wedding photoshoots!
Studio photo taken at Sophia Wedding

If you like landscapes, be mindful that you may appear very small in the photos! We had a good mix of close-up and wide shoots though. 

We were a bit greedy, we wanted mountains, lakes, paddy fields, seas, beaches and street photography, and we got them all! *big smile* I must really thank Sze Lee for planning everything we wanted into the 2-day photoshoot :)
4. Theme, Clothes & Props
Once you have your locations, it's time to consider the finer details, especially if you are doing a casual photoshoot. I suggest bringing something of significance to the both of you. For me it was the bears I made! We also brought along some colourful props to liven up the photos!
Other items to bring along for your photoshoot:
- Engagement ring / Wedding bands
- Bouquet (if it's not provided by your bridal studio) (my MUA Jovie made me a fresh bouquet in Bali!!)
- Slippers for the bride (Even though I prepared several pairs of heels, I ended up wearing my slippers most of the time because it was more convenient to walk in the sand / mud / up and down the paddy fields)
- Nubra / Form fitting undergarments
- Wet wipes & tissue
- Biore powder wipes (for times when you feel sticky and can't shower)
- Straw (to avoid ruining your lipstick)
- Umbrella (for the heat and the unfortunate change in weather)
- Electronic fan
- Bite size snacks
- Water
- Insect Repellent
- Extra set of clothes and shoes
- Day bag to put all the clothes, props, shoes

Most of all, bring your smile and have fun!

1 comment:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib