Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I had the opportunity to take business class flights to Seoul last year with Korean Air and Asiana. It was my first business class experience and definitely something I will remember for a long time.

Korean Air Business Class
This was a solo trip and my first thought was, am I the only Singaporean in business class? Indeed I think I was. Personally I preferred Korean Air to Asiana because of the flat bed and leg space! And I loved the fact that luggage limit for Korean Air Business Class was 60kg instead of 30kg. I felt that there was also more privacy as I can't see my neighbour who's taking the window seat. The service was good for both Korean Air and Asiana though. In particular I loved the service by the kind gentlemanly steward on Korean Air, who introduced me to gochujang, though I'm definitely familiar with it after staying in Korea for 6 months. I was too shy to speak to him in Korean though as I haven't practised my formal Korean for a long long time. 


Satay for appetiser


Broccoli soup

Tenderloin for mains

Ended off the meal with fruits

Movie time before lights off

Asiana Business Class

Not much privacy for Asiana but it was ok for me as I was seated next to a friend

Western menu for Asiana business class





For the return leg



Lotte Hotel Myeongdong Seoul
For my two trips to Seoul, I stayed at Lotte Hotel. Once at the new wing, and once at the old wing (Ladies Only Floor). Both times I had a comfortable stay. Service was good and I love the location! It's just next to Eujiro 1-ga station (Subway Line 2). Breakfast was average though. I think I've been spoilt for choice by the breakfast buffet spread found in multi-cultural countries like Singapore and Malaysia.
Star Avenue is just next door!

New wing club lounge view



Hotel room in the new wing
Bathroom



The room is very well-equipped!



View from the old wing club lounge
Breakfast with a view
Western style breakfast - Don't be mistaken, there's definitely more food for breakfast than this. It's just that I found out I was pregnant right before my trip, so I was paranoid about eating anything uncooked.
Huge gym at Lotte Hotel old wing. I didn't have the chance to use it though.
Temperature controlled indoor swimming pool
Toiletries for the ladies only floor and the rest of the rooms were different. Molton Brown is given for normal rooms while Penhaligon's is given for the Ladies Only Floor. I didn't like Penhaligon's though because it is quite heavily scented, so I requested for Molton Brown instead.
Welcome gift at the Ladies Only Floor
Ladies Only room



View from level 22
Turndown service
And I really like that they have hair straightener and curler for the ladies! 

Can't wait for my next trip to Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib