Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

The Grand Palace
One of those attractions that I wanted to visit again, given that the last time I visited it was during my Secondary School days. I wanted to see the grandeur of the palace again, and decided that I can deal with the April heat. It was a bright and sunny day, and the shiny gold structures can attest to it.
Address: Na Phra Lan Rd, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, 10200, Thailand
Opening Hours: 8.30am to 3.30pm
Admission Fees: 500 baht

The Grand Palace complex was established in 1782. It consists of the royal residence and throne halls, as well as government offices and the renowned Temple of the Emerald Buddha. 
While we were at the entrance to the Grand Palace, we were stopped by some random local who said that the Palace only opens at 10.30am, and told us that we are unable to enter. Thankfully there was an announcement saying that we should not trust anyone outside the Palace. I calmly told him that I will just take photos outside then, and he tried to stop me again, saying that I can only take from outside the high walls. I walked away and entered through another gate, where crowds of tourists gather. The Palace opens at 8.30am, so ignore anyone who may stop you.
Outside Temple of the Emerald Buddha
Phra Siratana Chedi
Chakri Maha Prasat Hall
Changing of the Guards
Royal Guards
The entrance fee also includes entry to the Royal Thai Decorations and Coins Museum, where we took shelter from the heat. No photography within the museum though. 

I probably would have stayed longer if not for the scorching heat, but I wouldn't exchange anything for the beautiful photos that turned out. If only I had my wide-angle lens with me that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib